Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stocked my tank last Thursday with 5 A. compressiceps lufubu dark red juveniles and 6 N brevis. It is a 75 gallon well established tank with 0 nitrates, nitrites and ammonia. It is filtered by an Eheim 2217 canister filter. I got my fish from a very reputable source. I had also ordered 15 Cyprichromis Leptosoma Bulu Point but all of them were DOA. I also had 1 compressiceps DOA but then FedEx did not deliver them before 10:30 a.m. Thursday as promised. They did not deliver them until 4:15 p.m. Thursday. The fish did appear to be gasping somewhat in my tank and today I found another A compressiceps dead. When I got him out of the tank he had a perfect hole right through his head. I am thinking a snail did this after he died but just wanted to mention it in case I am missing something. Tonight I have increased the flow on the 2217 and added an airstone just in case the oxygen is not adequate and that was the reason for the gasping. They have been eating okay. I feed them New Life Spectrum pellets. I see them eat some but even though I feed just a pinch twice a day since they are all juveniles they usually do not finish it. Any ideas of what could be going on here?

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
Probably just trying to recover from their traumatic shipping experience. Why do you have zero nitrates?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts