Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I be concerned with a tank with a slight chip in the top right corner, and by the looks of it, would a)not be visible as the hood covers it and b) be above the water line. Tank doesn't have h2o in it right now

It doesnt go into the silicone, and is maybe 1 to 2 inchs long.

Concerning?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I wouldn't be too concerned about it as long as it isn't deep enough to make the glass thin and weak. My 75 has a pretty decent chip in one of the corners and I've had no issue with it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
It shouldn't be a problem as long as it isn't too deep, but to be extra cautious you could post a picture of it with the dimensions.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
I had a chip in a corner of a 10 gallon tank one time. As soon as I filled it, it cracked out from that chip. But, I've also seen where they didn't. If it's above the water line and that high up on the tank, then I'd think you'd be ok. Fill it in a basement or garage to test.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a photo, not the greatest sorry. I'll fill it up in the bath tub for my first test lol

Length 23 1/2"
Width 12"
Height 14 1/2"

From my calculations about 16 gallons?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Be sure to get more opinions, but That shouldn't affect the integrity of the tank at all...There aren't any places where the glass is thinner than the rest is there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts