Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my A.C. 50 filter for my daughter 29 gal tank went out ,so I had a A.C. 110 setting on the side,so I use that one for now until I get another one,but if that works fine on the tank I don’t think I need to get the peller for the a.c.70.[/b]

·
Registered
705 Posts
idk seems a bit overkill. can you dial down the flow rate? id suggest doing that and maybe tossing a sponge prefilter on there and call it good.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I use an AC 110 and an Eheim 2213 on a 30 with comps in the tank. I run the 110 full blast...what I like about this set-up is that if fish food isn't eaten in about 20 seconds it finds it's way to the intake of the 110 or 2213. The flow doesn't bother the comps at all

I also run two AC110s and two Eheim 2217s on a 90

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I know I think I'm go cal it a day and let it flow like that for sure.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I always overfilter, can never have too much filtration IMO :thumb:

·
Registered
168 Posts
713J said:
I use an AC 110 and an Eheim 2213 on a 30 with comps in the tank. I run the 110 full blast...what I like about this set-up is that if fish food isn't eaten in about 20 seconds it finds it's way to the intake of the 110 or 2213. The flow doesn't bother the comps at all

I also run two AC110s and two Eheim 2217s on a 90
That says it, too much flow. Fish should be given at least 2 minutes to finish their food.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
While, in theory, one can't overfilter, it is easy to go overboard otherwise. I'm thinking of overspending upfront and electrical, over buying on food, and overworking on filter cleaning. If spending more money so you have to work harder is your thing , then go for it. The economy needs perking up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts