Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally picked up an upgraded aquarium picked up a aqueon drilled 90g reef ready, for $75.00 due to a few scratches. Not a huge deal for me, most are very light and I may try to get them out.
Also picked up a 28x12x15 wet dry with 4.5gallon of bio balls for trade for an old 20 long.
Lastly I'm picking up a like new eheim 2217, not sure if this is over kill or not.

I'm moving all my stock over from my 40 and planned on keeping roughly 25 fish
12 cyp. leptosoma
5 syno lucipinnis
4 neo. caudopunctatus
2 lamp. ocellatus
2 alto. calvus

I have most of these growing out in a 40 long now and haven't had much problems aside from the male ocellatus killing every occies in the tank except the smallest which I believe is a female. How does this stocking look, I'm trying to avoid overstocking the tank too much

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
Sounds full. With the Synodontis, the caudopunctatus and the occies...you could lose them if you want. Plenty of competition for the bottom.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DJRansome said:
Sounds full. With the Synodontis, the caudopunctatus and the occies...you could lose them if you want. Plenty of competition for the bottom.
Really haven't had much problems on occie stays in the front left corner other stays in the back right. Synos stay in a cave together and the punks swim in and out of the rock work and hardly ever go in any of the shells. This is in a 48x12 footprint so a 48x18 gives a little more room and the cyps have an extra 8" of height from 16" to 24"

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everyone is reletavily small right now. Only things that are close to full grown are the syno and occies. The calvus is barely 2", punks are 1-1.5", and cyps are 2-3". I have a little time to see how they get along long term.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts