Cichlid Fish Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
trader_sam said:
That has to be the best Cichlid tank I have ever seen. But I would have gone with saltwater, I hope to move back to salt eventually. I know you must have already had saltwater or your tank wouldn't look as it does. Great job, the coral compliments the fish and the fish compliment the rock
Thanks Trader,

I've never owned saltwater before. I just wanted a colorful saltwater look.

As both of you have said, cost and maintenance is why I do not own one. This is the next best thing :thumb:

Actually, I'm not a fan of the the "saltwater look" when attempted with other types of fish, but I feel African cichlids are the only freshwater fish that can pull this off.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You obviously are an original, inspiring to see, as I find things a little dogmatic on here sometime. But all the stuff we know came from people trying different things. I posted a question on here about whether mbuna and haps/peacocks could coexist, and does anyone have any success stories- 130 people have read it -0 replys. As for feeling sorry for the fish, that makes no sense at all!! I think that although unconventional, your tank balances form and colour nicely. Is there room for the fish to swim freely in front of the rocks?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
rkings4d said:
You obviously are an original, inspiring to see,...

I posted a question on here about whether mbuna and haps/peacocks could coexist, and does anyone have any success stor

?
Thank you.

I looked for your post but I couldn't find it. To answer your question precisely we'd need to know exact species. But to answer it in general, yes..they can co-exist. Actually, this tank has all of the above.

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
130 people have read it -0 replys
I essentially bumped your post. Keep in mind that although it said that the post received 131 views, the site counts non members views. Basically some people looked at it, but were not permitted to post.

Ignore the haters spotmonster! I'm thinking of The Battle of Endor for my next tank. Just silicone the whole Ewok Village in the tank. How awesome would that be? :lol:

·
Registered
129 Posts
What a fun tank! I'm new to the hobby. Would love if you could list your species with your fish, as a learning opportunity. Great photography, too!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ooops, missed that question, yes the front is open all the way across the front of the tank.
Your tank is absolutely gorgeous! I had freshwater for years, then went to saltwater and ran 3 saltwater tanks for 13 years. I bought a bar/restaurant 4 years ago and decided to sell my tanks cause I just didn't have the time anymore....but I've really been itching to get a tank again. I love all the colors and everything of saltwater, but the maintenance and stress is just too much for me these days. Your tank is the best of both worlds! To the guy who "feels bad for the fish," fish don't miss what they don't know, lol. They've got plenty of space to swim, and they look very healthy.....not stressed. Great job! 😍

41 - 48 of 48 Posts