Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90gal and currently have a breeding pair of white top "hara" as well as 8 of their juvies im growing out to possibly add to the breeding group. I also have 1 male peacock and am planning on adding others but I am looking for suggestions on how many other fish to add, if i should add a group of haps etc.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Your white top "hara" won't be happy as just a pair, so you will definitely want to add some of those fry to the group, trying for a group of 1 male to 4 or 5 females. Your peacock may not be comfortable with the mbuna, but its worth a shot.

I would just get more mbuna to add to your tank, safest bet. But if you wanted to you could try a hap species and a peacock or a few if you want, just pick the fish carefully.

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
I've had my hara kill peacocks before but others combine Saulosi with peacocks. Just keep an eye on things and have a plan in case you have to remove the peacock in a hurry.

A 90G works well for four breeding groups (depending on the species you choose). Peacocks and haps have only the one male colorful so keep that in mind. The "safe" mbuna choice would be yellow labs with acei a little riskier and rusties more borderline.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts