Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a new 90 gal tank with some of my old fish in it. I need to add more, and I would love some suggestions and advice.

I'm not sure how many different groups I can have in a 90gal. I have a eheim filter, and I do weekly water changes.

I currently have

-1male and 1female EB johanni. I will 2 more females
-1 red zebra (how many more do I need, and male to female ratio?)
-1 adult yellow tailed acei (I have 12 babies from her, can I keep some, and is it ok for them to spawn?)

I would like to add
-a group of Blue Dolphins (how many and m:f ratio?)
-a group of ventustus (how many, and what M:F ratio)

Any other suggestions? I'd like a group of fish that grow to be 8" or so that will go with what is already there.

Thanks for reading.
Amusrobs

·
Registered
874 Posts
what are the dimensions of the tank?

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
I would only add one species. Which dolphin, the hap or the mbuna? I don't think I would mix moorii with johannii. Not sure how the venustus would fare.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I was thinking the morii (blue dolphin). I have one in another tank.

So what spcies would you reccommend with what we already have, and how many of each. I've noticed that there is no cookie cutters for the 90 gal. Should I just follow the 75 gal, and add a few more.

This Cichlid keeping is complicated!

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
Malawi tanks are stocked by footprint, so you would use the 75G and not add any fish. The height really does not add fish capacity.

Johannii are among the most aggressive mbuna...I would probably not do the venustus either but someone may still chime in.

1m:7f melanochromis johannii
1m:4f metriaclima estherae
1m:4f pseudotropheus acei

I might skip the fourth species due to the large number of johannii. But if I were going to add one it would be mbuna.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts