Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I want to know is in a 80 gallon tank can you put a pair of JD and a pair of Jags, or will the Jags get to mean. The tank size is 72" X 14" X 17 (length X width X height) and don't get mad at me. I don't know much about Jags.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
A JD pair plus some other smaller CA's is fine (Some of these, not all). Convicts, firemouths, rainbows, hrp, nics, etc.

Jags need a larger tank like 180+.

....Bill

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought that jags and motaguensis the same thing, but I looked at some pics and motaguensis are a little bit more orange. I like Jags better though.

And the pair of JD will be EBJD+BGJD.

No to Convicts (to mean nip fins, breed to much no one takes them), maybe fire mouths(aren't they SA),maybe Rainbows (would like them more than fire mouths), HRP (don't know what they look like can you post a picture and what dose HRP stand for),Maybe Nics (aren't they aggressive)

Can I add a single Oscar with the pair, or do they get to big?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
JD pair + an Oscar should work. Tank is a little narrow for a big Oscar.

HRP = Honduran Red Point. They are like a bluer Convict and a little less agressive.

My Nics are not that aggressive.

Rainbows are pretty mellow.

I would not add any more pairs and just single of a species. The tank might be long enough for two pairs to work

....Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.