Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Are you planning to make a wooden canopy for it? Inside a canopy on a 4ft tank, it's hard to beat a Home Depot $10 shoplight on the price front! You may have to take it apart and mount the pieces on the canopy though.

Are you planning to have live plants? That will affect your light requirements. A twin 40watt T12 fixture (the shoplight mentioned above) will probably suffice for a fish-only tank, but it's an awfully low light level for growing plants. Of course a 75 is probably big enough to mount 2 shoplights, but if I were going with a planted tank I'd probably be looking at HO lighting.

-Rick (the armchair aquarist)

·
Registered
964 Posts
I'd leave the glass lids on the tank, rather than removing them. I don't know where there are plans, but I'm sure they're out there. have you checked the library yet? (at the top of your screen, just beneath the banner ad -- second link from the left, I'd try the DIY section first)

-Rick (the armchair aquarist, who followed his own instructions and found this article : http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/diy_canopy.php)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.