Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Could I put a green terror a texas cichlid a jaguar and a jack dempsey in a 75 gallon tank?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi gb546,

Unfortunately all of the mentioned fish would not work out together in a 75 gallon when full grown. They are all large growing cichlids, especially the jaguar cichlid.

Of the fish mentioned which is our favorite?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I already have the green terror and the texas I was just looking to add some more fish

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
then you're easily fully stocked... you might be able to try giant danios as dithers, but that's it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't really see how thats fully stocked the GT usually gets to about 9 or 10 inches and that should take him awhile he's only about 3 inches now and the texas will get about the same I don't see why I couldn't add one or two more

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
plus if any of them got too big for the tank I could give one to the fish store down the street from me

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I'm thinking not in terms of size of the fish, but in terms of their attitude as they reach sexual maturity. are either males?

And is the texas a true cyanoguttatus or if they're carpintis?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
GT and Texas are really all the Cichlids you can put in the 75g as they get pretty aggtesive and teritorial. Maybe you can add a convict.

....Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts