Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of cycling my 75 gallon tank. I really want to have a peacock bass (cichlid) in the tank I am considering just getting 3 and thats it. But if its possible to have 1-2 peacock bass, 1 texas cichlid, 1 Cuban cichlid, 1-2 fire-mouth, 1 green terror that would be amazing. Could i mix those fish together. (all staring at small sizes 1-2.5") :popcorn:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Fast answer NO. At least not long term. Peacock bass get HUGE. And even one wouldn't work in a 75 gallon. So if those are what you really want you need hundreds of gallons for them. Wouldn't even keep one in my 125. If you just go with the rest of the stock list you have it might work, but even then, long term it would be crouded. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I wasn't planning on keeping all these fish long term, especially the peacocks. Once they hit about 10-12" I have a large pond that I am planning on releasing them in I just want to see what they would be like in a tank. And for the other fish once the peacocks are out if they get to a size were it is too crowded I will also release them into the pond.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts