Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

So I am looking to complete my stocking in my 75 gallon tank. I currently have 4 demasoni, 3 Snow White, 2 yellow labs and 5 Synodontis hi-fin catfish that are in the tank, and I'm confident the tank is doing well and is ready for the rest of the fish. I also am going to fill out the current species into breeding groups, I'm just waiting on the LFS to get the sexes I need. So for the last two species I would like to incorporate a red mbuna and possibly a breeding group of cynotilapia zebroides if that would work with the current stocking. If anyone can point me towards a beautiful red species and let me know if the cynotilapia would incorporate well it would be much appreciated. Also any general comments on the current stocking would be great too.

Lastly, I am looking to order the rest of my cichlids online. Are there any reliable sources that people have used before and would recommend? Thanks and looking forward to hearing the responses!

·
Super Moderator
40,535 Posts
In a 75G with demasoni I would want to end up with 15 demasoni, 5 socolofi and 5 yellow labs. I would not add species. For 5 species I like a 72" tank.

Vendor recommendations should be via PM and not made in the forums themselves.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thank you. I talked with - friend today and they said they have room for the four demasoni that I have. Would this stocking list be ideal for a 75 gallon?

- 1m/4f scolofi "Snow White"
- 1m/4f cynotilapia zebroides
- 1m/4f yellow labs
-1m/4f pseudotrophus "ndumbi red top"

Appreciate the help
-

·
Super Moderator
40,535 Posts
The ndumbi are reputed to be crazy aggressive. If I were going to try them, I would do a 72" tank with 3 species and species like auratus as tank mates.

Why not sub 1m:4f acei for those? PM for vendor recommendations.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the acei would look great in that tank, so I'll sub them in for ndumbi. Thank you for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts