Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am stocking a new 75 gallon tank. Am considering Yellow Labs, Yellow Tail Acei, and Rusties. Thinking Juvies eight each. Would these go together well and offer a colorful tank? What recommendations if I decided to go four species? Open to other suggestions.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I asked this question not too long ago and got the approval that this is a good mix.

I couldn't get the acei though and ended up with the more aggressive maingano. I can tell you that my labs and rusty's pretty much ignore each other. I do have a male rusty that bullies the other rusty male, which I read they are usually one of the few species that you can have multiple males and be fine. They are pretty fish when they color up and you have the right color settings on an LED.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
morrismorris said:
I asked this question not too long ago and got the approval that this is a good mix.

I couldn't get the acei though and ended up with the more aggressive maingano. I can tell you that my labs and rusty's pretty much ignore each other. I do have a male rusty that bullies the other rusty male, which I read they are usually one of the few species that you can have multiple males and be fine. They are pretty fish when they color up and you have the right color settings on an LED.
Thanks. Was considering Cobue as a fourth:1/4Rusty-1/4 Yellow Labs-1-4 Yellow Tail Acei and 1-4 Cobue.

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
Ralph493 said:
Thanks. Was considering Cobue as a fourth:1/4Rusty-1/4 Yellow Labs-1-4 Yellow Tail Acei and 1-4 Cobue.
Sounds good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts