Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Generally in a 75g, you can have 4 species with 1m, 5-6 f of each. This is a 4ft long tank?

An all-male species tank is quite difficult and require a lot of work--just so you know before you get into it. Some males won't color up all the way. You have to be careful of what species you get, and even then you might have to swap in and out fish. You can't have any female peacocks or the males will go nuts.

With a colony of labs (aiming for 1 male, 4-5 females, though you can do less), you could probably add 8 or 9 peacocks (on top of what you already have--2).

Think in terms of 24-25 fish. Peacocks are larger, and an all-male tank is always aggressive so I'd do less if you went that way (more like 18 total).

·
Registered
843 Posts
dielikemoviestars said:
You don't want 18 male peacocks in a 4' tank. You wan't maybe 8-9 plus your labs (7-8).
Sorry guys. I meant 18 total fish--labs, peacocks, and haps where normally, with just Mbuna you could have more (like 25 because they're smaller). I believe I also suggested 8-9 peacock/haps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.