Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that my tank is finally cycled I am ready to start stocking it. Here is a list of peacocks and haps that I would like to add. Would they be compatible and how many of each? I want an all male tank and do you recommend them be all the same size when stocking? I have also included a picture of my tank. Do I need more rocks or peacocks and haps?

Firefish peacock/Dragon blood they look the same to me.
Star Saphire
Blue orchid peacock
Fire line mloto hap
Azureus Cichlid
Lemon Jake peacock
German Red peacock

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,516 Posts
For all male choose one of each and no look-alikes. Stick to one jacobfreibergi/tank (lemon jake is one).

I'd do either lemon jake or sunshine...both are yellow peacocks thus look-alike fish. Kandeense (blue orchid) are often too timid to color up in an all-male tank.

I like 12 males that mature <= 6" in an all-male 48x18 rectangle tank. The star sapphire could possibly get too big eventually.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! I have 1 each of the following coming: Yellow Blaze3 inch, Blue dolphin 4 inch, Otter point 3 inch, Dragon Blood 2 inch, Blue dragon blood3 inch, Lemon Jake 3 inch & Star Sapphire 3 inch. Hopefully they will all get along. *** made my head spin with reading all sorts of articles. 1 says this fish and this fish will get along and then the next one says they won't get along. It's frustrating. So I just took the plunge and hope it works out. I'm hoping to add some more of about the same size in a couple of weeks.

·
Super Moderator
40,516 Posts
Otter Point and Lemon Jake are both jacobfreibergi...I'd choose one. What is a yellow blaze? Always helpful to order from a vendor that uses the scientific names so you know what you are getting.

Note the Star Sapphires can be timid so they might not show their best color with the other aggressive fish you have chosen.

·
Super Moderator
40,516 Posts
They are on the timid side as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all your help and suggestions. My fish arrived today and I will keep an eye on any aggression that may happen. Do you have any more suggestions for when I add more?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts