Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a fairly medium sized african cichlid that likes to be in colony settings that will thrive in a 75 gallon tank. Since I want fish that hail from the great lakes I posted this in the Lake tangynika species section of this forum as well as this one.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Not sure if I understand your question. Which The Greatlakes are you inferring about?

If I did understand this right and you meant Lake Malawi or Tangaynika. Mbuna Like to be in large groups.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sorry I should of been more specific. I did mean Lake malawi and tangynika but I meant africans from this locale other than mbuna. Sorry I didn't make that clearer.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Sorry I can't help. I have mostly mbuna in my biggest tank (55g.) although I do have 2 N. brichardi in with them. If they ever decide to pair up (which I doubt) I'd like to get a smaller species tank for them to set up a colony. I bet your 50g. of N. brichardi looks great. Got a pic of it?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
How about a large group of peacocks? The females are pretty drab, but you would be able to put a fair number of males in a tank that size.

Same would go for most of the smaller haps...

Kim

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking throught the profiles and saw the blue dolphin cichlid cryactora moori(if that is spelled right) Could I have maybe 3 or 4 adult specimens in the tank with a few syndontis catfish.. Wat about fronts?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Both moorii and frontosa would appreciate a larger tank - 6 foot.

Kim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts