Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 75 gallon tank with 4 cichlids all under 4 inches. I have a Jack Dempsey, Convict, Salvini and Green Terror. There is also a Royal Pleco of similar size in there with them. All of the fish have established a territory/pecking order. The JD is a little skittish and the Salvini tends to lurk in amongst some drift wood. I would like to try to bring those fish out with some additional fish. I know all of these fish will grow bigger and I plan to move them to another tank when the time is right. For now I would like some extra movement in the tank. What are peoples thoughts or suggestions?

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Your 75 gallon grow out tank, seems just fine to me the way it is. Putting anything else in with that crowd would probably only offer some temporary and cruel, 'Roman Colosseum' type games at this point. Plus, sooner than later you may want to separate your Green Terror from the Jack Dempsey. Jack Dempsey's (Regular types - NOT the so-called 'Electric' Blue Dempsey) have a bad habit of eventually thrashing Green Terror's kept with them in community tank settings (even in large/6 foot long aquariums).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts