Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been out the hobby for 5 years . Now im ready to get back into it cant wait i know not to buy nothing that says Fluval on it that 404 was trash . Any way i need some help with the stocking list this is what i like but would take all suggestions . Red zebras . Rusty , Acei , Demasoni . Saulosi . Socolofi , Cobalt Blue , Johanni , and yellow labs . I think im going to use the Eheim 2217 filter i have the tank setup right now all i have to do is buy the filter cycle the tank and add the fish . But im seriously thinking about upgrading to a 125 . Oh yeah which Mbunas from the list go good together and i would love to here your suggestions please . :D :D :D :fish:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I have an Fluval 305 and FX5. Best filters I've ever owned. Them and Eheim are the probably the 2 most popular filter brands. Never had a problem with them. The 404 is older so I can't speak for them back then, but now they are top notch. I'll let the stocking experts chime on but I just wanted to give my $.02 on Fluval. Good luck on your set up and post some pics when you get it up and running.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Pnut said:
Red zebras . Rusty , Acei , Demasoni . Saulosi . Socolofi , Cobalt Blue , johannii , and yellow labs
Avoid combining 1. labs (Labidichromis caeruleus)with red zebras (Metriaclima estherae) as they tend to crossbreed, 2. red zebras with cobalts (Metriaclima callainos), 3. Melanochromis johanii with cobalts, Ps. socolofi, Ps. saulosi, Demasoni.
I'm not 100% on #3 concerning johannii with demasoni/socolofi/saulosi. Saulosi and johannii are both dimorphic blue(m) and yellow(f), it's too much blue/yellow in my opinion.
Dimensions are 48"x13" (front to back at the sides)? Stock the same as you would a 55g.
3 species of 1m:4f, or 1 (1m:4f) plus 15-20 demasoni. You'll be pulling stressed/extra male demasoni to hopefully end up with 12-15.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts