Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I'm new to site and somewhat new to owning cichlids. I am looking into Lake Malawi fish. After reading this site and making the switch to pool filter sand a rockscaping, I feel i am on the right path. Fish I have now are 2 Jack Dempsey's from the previous owner, 2 bumble bee cichlids, 1 albino random cichlid, and one pleco.

·
Registered
78 Posts
How big are the Jack Dempsey's? We are also very new, and have read about successful setups mixing different cichlids from different origins, but have also read about disasters with mixing. Im subscribing to this thread to see some more discussion on this combo as I made the unfortunate mistake of buying blindly, and have three of the most aggressive lake malawi cichlids, and if I can move two of them at least to my wifes new 65 gallon with a juvie jack dempsey, and one adult convict, I will be a lil more content.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I agree that this tank won't work long term. The JD's will either breed or hate each other, meaning someone's dying in either scenario. The crabro (bumblebees) will do the same. Though, if they breed, the male will likely harass the female to death, too. They're not pairing fish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts