Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20g long with the Marineland single bright LED and enjoy that light.

For a 60" long 100g tank would you recommend one 36" double bright or go with 2 24" fixtures? Or perhaps some other combo like 2 36" with some overlap in the middle?

Or would you scrap that idea completely and go with a different setup?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I have a 60" tank and went the 2 36" lights which I already had. 1 is a 10,000K and the other is a acitnic (blue) light. They work good together and I have them off set with each other. The only pain is there are 2 light fixtures vs 1.

Here's a pic to give you an idea, you can tell where the blue is moved more to the right. I have since revamped this tank and it it looks different that what you see from a rock standpoint, just need to get some new pics up.

If I didn't already have the lights I would probably get one fixture with 2 bulbs and possible just a 24" instead I like a bit darker tank than most I think. It is nice with 2 lights to be able to move them around however.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3x18"... now that's a thought. It is actually cheaper to do that than to do 1 24" and one 36". Not to mention the light would be uniform (the 36" fixture has more lights per 1" length than the 24").

JimA, if I already had decent fixtures I'd probably do something like you did since this tank is going to get pricey fast.

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi. i had a 60x24x24 tank. currently im using 3 28watts t5 bulbs. 2 white and 1 blue.

just made a diy canopy for the lights and for the switch.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm probably not going the canopy route since the wall is heavy with furniture as it is. It has a 7' cabinet right next to it so I'd like to have a feeling of less height.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts