Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,my trewvasae fry are now six weeks old and about an inch in length and all are eating well,in the last few days a few of them have had a chunk of their dorsel fin removed,now their is little scraps between them now and again but its only lately that any damage has been seen,i also have a holding yellow lab and a male and two female rustys in the tank,i put the rustys in just to make sure that there will be no cross breeding in the main tank with them as i want a few fry from them and dont want hybrids,the rustys are small and i think the fry are too big to be considered food by them,so what i was wondering was,is the damage from the lab,the rustys or just infighting among the fry,ye might have a look at the vids,sorry about the quality

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
What size tank are they in and how large are they?
I think you'll have to try and watch to see where the majority of the aggression is coming from.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Kanorin,they are in a 95 litre grow out tank,they are prob big enough to put in the main tank but i might give them another few days yet,the rustys are in the tank about a week and the male will be back in the main tank once hes done his job,im wondering if the holding lab is doing the damage as she charges any who get too near,thanks for the prompt reply,regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts