Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tomorrow i plan on returning my daktari to my LFS and getting something new for my tank. hopefully something more peaceful, the male daktari i have now is constantly chasing other fish and dominates almost half the tank. what would you guys suggest i put in with what i have? all that will be in the tank are 4 cynotilapia, 1 male 1 female marmalade fuelleborni(female holding fry), 1 small red tail shark and a juvie bristlenose. some fish i am interested in are peacocks(not sure how they will mix with my mbuna though), saulosi, socolofi, and yellow labs. open to any suggestions, but i want something that will look good with the colors i already have. suggestions on species and how many of them would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
Fuelleborni is a pretty big fish for a 55G and like most Malawi is a harem breeder. If you want to keep them, I'd add females and call the tank stocked. They are also pretty aggressive so IMO exclude peacocks from consideration as a tank mate.

Yellow labs meet your peaceful criteria.

Which cyno do you have? I would not mix two blue-barred species (cyno and saulosi?). And I found the hara and socolofi don't give me enough contrast color-wise.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i recently lost a female fuelleborni....i had 2 female 1 male with both females regularly holding. i cant find any fuelleborni at any LFS so i was planning on raising some of the fry i had and keeping a couple of them.....my cynotilapia were labeled jalo reef i think? maybe jaro? im not sure......but the label also said they were red top when they all have a yellow line on their dorsal tip. the marmalades are the only fish my girlfriend has picked out of all my tanks and really wants to keep them so i would like to try and work around this....if it means only having 2 species then so be it......i have decided against any blue species because they will be too similar to my cyno...thanks, open to any other suggestions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts