Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to have:
1 Male Kenyi
3 Female Kenyi
1 Male BblBee
2 female
1 Male Tropheus Moorii
2 Female

I know Moorii are not Lake Malawi but there very similar in size and the Male to Female Ratio:

Anyone know how this would be. I know anything can happen with cichlids so i just want to here what you think it would be like???

·
Registered
554 Posts
Bumblebees are too agressive to keep in those numbers, I think. 1 male to seven females, if not more.

Aren't the tropheus the same? Many females to help spread agression?

Kenyi can be mean too.

you might be able to do these fish if you bump the numbers of females. It sounds problematic to me.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Sorry, but IMHO this is going to be a real tough tank to pull off. Pseudotropheus Crabro are a big aggressive fish. A male can get 8+ inches long which isn't going to give a lot of room to swim. They also are very aggressive towards females and as with any high aggression fish most people will recommend 1 male to 7+ females. The kenyi are less aggressive, but not by a lot, and stay a little smaller but you'll still want at least 6-7 females for a single male. I don't know much about trophs since most of my personal research has been mbuna- centric, but it seems people have the most success with tropheus in a single 5' minimum species only tank with much higher numbers. If you are locked into a 55 I would look to more docile mbuna fir a better chance of success.

Good luck whatever you decide, because in the end it's your tank!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Your lfs should not have sold you those fish, if they asked what you were keeping any of them with. But they didn't, and here we are.
Take the Bumble Bee(Pseudotropheus Crabro) and the Kenyi(Ps.Lombaordi) back, and buy some Juies from the Tanganyka side of the store, and some Brichardis.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both pet stores I went to said that they would be just fine together.

Fish 4 Life and Rockstar Pets

·
Super Moderator
40,516 Posts
Sorry we can't join in the LFS recommendations. :lol: Crabro and kenyi are ideally in a 75G tank with 1m:7f of each because they are so aggressive. Tropheus like a large group like demasoni.

·
Registered
14 Posts
+1 on "i know they did, they wanted the green paper in your wallet!!!!!"
isn't that the truth... all of my lfs here suck.
dkgoode do you live in Hawaii?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts