Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my tank finally finished cycling earlier this week and I decided to go with an all yellow lab tank. I have 10 unsexed juvies in there right now and will be adding or taking out as per the aggression in the tank. Hope you like it! The tank is filled with PFS, 130 lbs of river stone. It is running on an emperor 400 filter and the light I am using is a Coralife PC with 2x 20,000K Actinic bulbs and 1x 10,000K Daylight Bulb.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any suggestions on the rock work or things I should Improve on?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
looks great, :thumb:
the only thing maybe,
would be to make two rock piles leaving the middle with a bit of open sand,
that way if you ever have to remove a holding female,you could put in a divider and only have to worry about half the tank(removal of rocks)either way it looks really good
I,m actually in the process of a saulosi tank your tank expires me to get a move on :lol:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha thanks! The dots in the back ground are the bubbles from the filter, I thought that pic looked awesome the second I took it!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah man, I just ordered some moonlights so when those come in I'll take some more pics!

·
Super Moderator
40,913 Posts
I like the rocks. They might be better higher, but I like them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i love it, i use to have a yellow lab display tank.
dont be tempted to get any other species the Labs are so much fun to watch when they are on their own.

i would probably add a few more rocks and build them up a little higher, if your worried about them falling off you can stick them together with aquarium safe silicon.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mind showing me some pics of your old display tank?

·
Registered
117 Posts
sorry just had a look through all my photos and cant find one of that tank. im surprised as i usually take photos of all my tanks.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Looks real good, I've considered painting the back of my tank black as well... really makes the fish stand out..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I added 5 more labs this week so my total is now up to 15. Here is some pics of one of my favorite fish in the tank. Tomorrow I'll post some of the dominant male (the ones I originally took were accidentally deleted :oops: )

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks! That fish is a little over 1" to help with referencing the size of the rocks!

·
Super Moderator
40,913 Posts
I agree, love the rocks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts