Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If these were the options what would you choose to stock a 55 Gallon?
12 Demasoni and 6 Yellow Labs847.06%
6 Yellow Labs, 6 Cynotilapia afra (jalo reef), 6 Pseudotropheus polit317.65%
6 Johanni, 6 Cynotilapia afra (jalo reef), 6 Pseudotropheus polit15.88%
6 Johanni, 6 Cynotilapia afra (jalo reef), 6 Rusties00.00%
6 Yellow Labs, 6 Cynotilapia afra (jalo reef), 6 Rusties529.41%

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So after hearing some feedback from others I have more informed options and would appreciate more feedback.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My vote is purely based on color preference. I have been planning this setup for a while now. I love the mix of color and I've heard the personalities are great.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
My vote is also somewhat based on eye candy, and the fact that I have had Johannii and they are very aggressive fish. I was told this, but was thinking to myself, well mine doesn't seem bad at all. Then it was like overnight he was intentionally trying to pick off every fish in the tank one by one, same with Auratus that I had.

Those I feel would be better suited to species tank or have a BIG tank.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am really a mix with some nice color which both of you said you voted on but I don't know what either of you voted lol!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
:D :D Lol didnt even think about that. I voted for Dems and Labs. That is what I currently have stocked in my 75g, so that prob makes me a little bias. Am planning on adding another Sp like some Acei but have been looking for some and waiting for my others to mature a little first.

Here are some pics of my tank maybe help you get an idea of what it would look like stocked with them two.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts