Cichlid Fish Forum banner

55 gallon standard filter recommendation?

5K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  MaKettle 
Some individuals like Fluval. I am a die hard Eheim fan. The Aquaclear 110 is another tank of a filter that runs & runs. I am a big proponent of duplicity when it comes to filters. If that was my tank I would hang two Aquaclear 110's on it. If one goes down you still have a running filter and/or you can alternate cleaning filters so as not to mess up your denitrifiers. And different species produce different waste loads based on their size. I also don't like heaters in my tanks but I tend to gravitate toward heaterless tanks.

View attachment 141700

I had to come back to this comment and send a photo of my Aussie we just picked up, based on your username/photo. :) 9 weeks, named Jasper. This is why the 55g is a "work in progress" during the next few months haha.
Beautiful pup. Your in it now Don. We have 2 of these children in fur coats. Not sure if you have had an Aussie before but this is a VERY intelligent breed. They require rigorous training and a purpose in life or they will run your house for you. I have spent hundreds of hours training our 2 nuts (Romeo 14 months & Ozzie 8 months). Romeo has his AKC Intermediate Trick Dog Title & Ozzie has his Novice Title. Romeo has also been involved in obstacle course training. PM me if you need any help.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Snout

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.