Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
This is my first post but I have been lurking for a while.

I am in the process of upgrading from a 30gal to a 55gal community setup and am looking for some input on my planned stocking.

1X Angelfish
1X Bolivian Ram
1X Keyhole Cichlid
1X Apisto
5X Swordtail
12X Cory Cat

How does this look? Can i up the numbers on any of the cichlids without aggression issues?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
116 Posts
you could always add another keyhole, they are great and very mild mannered.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would get accouple more bolivian as they like to be in groups, and maybe another angelfish.. For some reason I've always loved how angels swim together.. maybe thats just me.. 8)

·
Registered
697 Posts
The population of the tank will depend on the aquascape. Do you have a vision of how the tank will be setup? I could see going with a pair of angels and then limiting the dwarfs to 1 or 2 species. I suggest go with a group of 5 bolivians, but cut the number of cories in half, so there isn't a lot of competion for space and food on the bottom of the tank. Or, go with a pair or trio of apistos and a pair of keyholes. The apistogramma species matters as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.
For the aquascape I'm planning on a low light planted setup with a few pieces of driftwood. Possibly a DIY 3D background.
If i drop the Keyhole and lower the Corys to 7-8 what can I up the Angels, Apistos, and rams to? 2,3,3 respectively?
As to the type of apistogramma; I have not found any locally yet so that may be the limiting factor, but I was thinking Apistogramma cacatuoides.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts