Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a juvi red devil, green terror, jaguar, jack dempsey, and a convict in a 90 gallon tank with also about 25 rio cichlid fry(from my last tank inhabitants). They fry are about 3/4 of an inch long and the other fish are an average of 2" with the JD being the biggest.

Anyone know what I should expect? I can predict the jaguar being the more agressive one but who knows? I am putting them in as juvies to hopefully establish some bonds and possibley territorys and have them in there for a good year or so before I have to take any fish out to lessen the aggression. Let me know what you guys think please!

PS - I am not concerned about the texans I was only going to keep one, but wanted them to get a little bigger before i take them out. The other fish seem to ignore them. If anything they create a false crowd to keep the agression down.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Any one of the first 3 fish would fill out that 90g.
Things may seem to work out for a while but once they reach maturity it would just be a bloodbath.

·
Registered
742 Posts
My money goes on the Red Devil.. hehe

now seriously, thats way overstocked.. the RD will most likely start cleaning the tank in around 6 months if you don't do it before hehe

·
Registered
867 Posts
pepoLD no the jag will dominate that tank with his eyes closed............ way overstocked.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so with everybody's differences in opinions, what should i take out of the tank and keep? what is the most exciting and entertaining mixture for having a predator tank? thanks for all the input

·
Registered
869 Posts
If you want any of these fish to inhabit the same tank as one another you will need a much larger tank. So imo you are asking for input on something that is not going to work. These large aggressive fish are not meant to coexist in a tank to together in a tank that size. If I were you I would keep the red devil as a wet pet, plenty of room in a 90 gallon for that.

·
Registered
204 Posts
cage623 said:
If you want any of these fish to inhabit the same tank as one another you will need a much larger tank. So imo you are asking for input on something that is not going to work. These large aggressive fish are not meant to coexist in a tank to together in a tank that size. If I were you I would keep the red devil as a wet pet, plenty of room in a 90 gallon for that.
+1

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I'd take out the jag, I think they'd need a 6 footer to be happy, esp. if it's a male.

I'd keep just the red devil and the convict (providing it's a male who can hold his own) in the tank, that's it.

The JD and the GT will probably be aggressive towards each other because they look similar (conspecific aggression between cichlids I think tends to be higher) to each other.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok so after much thought of what to keep including talking to my wife on what she wants to keep, I have come up with the conclusion of keeping the jaguar. Now does he have to be by himself? Also I realize that a 4ft 90 gallon tank may be too small for him when he gets full grown but by then I am pretty sure I will have a bigger tank. So what can I keep with him?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
My money is on the JAG but the rd is a really strong second. It's a 4' print so I would out the JAG and keep the rd as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.