Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone keep the Neolamprologus tretocephalus or 5-bar tret cichlid? I was thinking of adding one to a 55 gallon with some lake victorian cichlids. How aggressive are they?

·
Registered
80 Posts
No idea about your question....but the pic in your avatar matches the fish in the banner on the top left almost perfectly!

Just saying....

·
Registered
359 Posts
Actually, they are different fish. Florida-Guy's looks to be a pundamilia nyererei, and the one at the top left is a haplochromis sp. dayglow. Other than the fact that they are both rock dwelling victorians, they really aren't similar fish.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Trets are aggressive- particularly as breeding pairs. I'd think a singleton would be okay with Vics as long as you have a back up plan.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice, yeah I would only be getting a single one. What about gender do both have good color? and how if possible can you tell gender apart in juvies, As for my avator pic it is a pundamilia nyererei, good call bearded lab :thumb: The tank in question would actually have mostly Zebra obliquidens, one male four females and a male ruby green and one male red top kyoga in it. Would the 5-bar tret still be ok?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts