Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 90G is up and running for about 2 months now. Stock = 6 Placidochromis Electra(2"), 8 Labidochromis Cearuleus(2.5"), 5 A. Stuartgranti Chiloelo(3"). I might still be removing a couple of males down the road.

For a fourth kind I want to put more blue into the tank, preferably something with some barring. Going only by looks I really like Hara, but want to find the right fit for the whole group.

Thanks!

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you put everything down right then all your fish are blue and the middle one is blue barred. I would not add any more blue barred at this point or you will get interbreeding.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cyphro said:
If you put everything down right then all your fish are blue and the middle one is blue barred. I would not add any more blue barred at this point or you will get interbreeding.
I will have two blue males when they color up, right now it's yellow, grey and brown.

·
Registered
9,067 Posts
If you want your Aulonocara to color up fully, you don't really want too many mbuna. I suppose you could try Hara or "Afra" types, but generally the blue mbuna might be too dominating.

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
Not a big fan of mbuna in peacock/hap tanks but hara are not as peaceful as a zebroides like Cobue. I agree the electra is a blue barred fish. What about Protomelas marginatus or Otopharynx tetrastigma?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. Ideally I'd avoid putting more ugly females into the tank, that's why i was leaning towards Mbuna. I'll wait for them to grow and color up, before adding anything. I might find it's enough blue, we'll see.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DJRansome said:
Why not acei?
That was my original plan, but I felt they were a bit big.

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
They should be fine in a 90G.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts