Cichlid Fish Forum banner

46 bow front

768 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  prov356 
#1 ·

Just wanted to show off / get some input on my month old 46 bow front. For filtration, i have aqua clear 50, moving bed filter with biochem stars; 2 aqua clear 30 power heads and a zoo med ps-20 power sweep. unknown heater brand, keeps it at a steady 77.5f. carrib sea cichlid mix black/white sand, and rocks from a landscaping place for deco, and a black background. aqua glow fluorescent light. water around here comes fairly hard, with a pH around 8.

fish list so far: 1 acei, 2 red zebra, 1 red fin albino zebra, 1 firemouth, 1 black convict, 2 peacock, 1 giraffe, 1 blue johanni, 1 ice blue zebra, 1 yellow lab, 1 yellow empress, 1 daffodil brichael, 1 calico, 1 tropheus duboisi, 1 psudo demasoni, 1 red tail sheller, 1 hap obliquidens, 1 raphael catfish and 3 unknown african cichlids.

See less See more
#3 ·
thanks prov356!

does anyone have any experience with the moving bed filter i have in the rear right corner? its a gallon container with loads of holes and slits cut in it. i filled it with biochem stars and constantly have a 100 gallon rated air pump in it, so it churns through a lot of water.

here is a close pic

there is a video on youtube, search "moving bed filter" to view. just wondering if these are worth the space they take up.

#4 ·
Interesting concept. It'd certainly give you a boatload of biofiltration. I'd think they were for fish room tanks only, though, as they're not real attractive. Hide it behind plants maybe? As to whether they're worth it, you can get adequate biofiltration in many other ways. I think I'd reserve them for growout tanks that might get overstocked a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.