Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
hollyfish2000 said:
I have a 45 gallon tank. It is very limited for Africans. But I worked with a reputable online retailer (one of the forum sponsors) who recommended blue orchid peacocks as the only peacock that would thrive in such a small tank AND would allow me to have more than one male. (actually, I think maylandi would also have worked) He was totally right and it's a fantastic tank.

Stock:

3 M blue orchid peacocks
5 F blue orchid peacocks
6 s. lucippinis (dwarf petricola)

the tank has been running for more than a year wiht ZERO issues. All three males are fully colored up and gorgeous. Even the femalese aren't bad looking . I highly recommend this stocking for a small tank.
Kandeenses, Maylandis and other dwarf peacocks could work well in a (species only) small tank. -That's why your blue orchids have thrived and the males have colored up. However, if the OP were to place a single male Kandeense in a community tank, he'll lose most of his color.

Hollyfish2000, I'm sure your tank looks fantastic though! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
mokujin22 said:
hollyfish2000 said:
I have a 45 gallon tank. It is very limited for Africans. But I worked with a reputable online retailer (one of the forum sponsors) who recommended blue orchid peacocks as the only peacock that would thrive in such a small tank AND would allow me to have more than one male. (actually, I think maylandi would also have worked) He was totally right and it's a fantastic tank.

Stock:

3 M blue orchid peacocks
5 F blue orchid peacocks
6 s. lucippinis (dwarf petricola)

the tank has been running for more than a year wiht ZERO issues. All three males are fully colored up and gorgeous. Even the femalese aren't bad looking . I highly recommend this stocking for a small tank.
Holly's blue orchids are awesome! :thumb:
I'm sure! Still waiting on a picture... :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.