Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
fuhreakz said:
I say its too late because my tank seems to not be long enough to house all the fish I have. I don't think my LFS takes fish back as I've had them all since august. I just don't have the heart to flush the buggers.
You don't need to flush them. There are plenty of stores in Toronto that will take your adults for credit, or at least take them off your hands and house them in a larger tank. PM me if you want some names.

A 36" tank is really best with one species of mbuna - two at the most - in the 1/4 ratio suggested by DJRansom.

kevin

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Don't take this as a personal attack, but careless behaviour like that may not engender much help from the people on this forum.

We are already playing god by taking fish that in their natural habitat range over a volume of several hundred or thousand gallons and closing them into fractions of that; the least we can do is give them a chance at surviving in such an enclosed space.

Besides, high stress environments leave the door open for diseases such as bloat that can take out a whole population.

You may find that all of your fish "lose."

kevin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.