1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Any fish that you really want? We can work ideas around that

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
You could do a pair of blue acaras, threadfin acaras, there are lots of dwarf cichlids out there (dwarf flag cichlids come to mind), there are rams (both bolivian and german blue), kribs (african), apistos, there are tons of options, look some of those up, see if anything really catches your eye!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
How about some wild mouth brooding bettas? Think outside the box.

As for cichlids, I am finding the Pelvicachromis species very rewarding to keep. There are many species and variants other than the run of the mill kribs. Here is a link to an article on The Genus Pelvicachromis and you can google images for the different species.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I would maybe suggest something other than GB rams. . .they're very shy and sensitive fish with specific temperature and water requirements to keep them in the best of shape. This all limits you as far as tankmates.

Kribs are also quite aggressive, and you can't just throw in anything with them.
You could do some discus or keyholes?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
xil3 said:
wouldnt a discus get to big for the tank
Agreed - discus in my opinion need to be in larger groups and a 90 gallon would be a bit more appropriate, not to mention they also need pristine water conditions which would limit your stock too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts