Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm planning on getting a 40g soon and was wondering if I could stock it with a JD or green terror or both? They would be in the 40g with two male convicts a Raphael catfish and a pleco. Which of these cichlids could I put in this tank? Could I not put them in with each other? Any problems with this list. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Both JDs and GTs need a minimum tank size of 55g and that's by themselves or with some dithers.

I especially wouldn't imagine it ending very well if you put both of them in the tank together.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have both a JD and GT in a 40 gallon breeder with a spotted catfish, the only issue I have is my JD is growing a lot faster and chases the GT a little bit, and some occasional fin nipping. But other than that they are okay.
You will need a much larger tank down the road though, just saying.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So do you think If I just had one or the other I could keep it in the 40b for a while. And is it a good idea to have two male convicts in wih the jd or green terror?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would do one or the other if your going to just use a 40 gallon. And my understanding about convicts is they can be pretty nasty. So I don't think I would put all 4 fish in the 40 gallon.
But to answer your question, I think you could have any of the fish in the tank for a while as long as its only one or two of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts