Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was planning on doing a peacock/hap 75g but i found a good deal on a complete 40g breeder setup that i may jump on instead. how many peacocks/haps would do well in a 40g breeder? would it be better as a Mbuna tank instead?

·
Registered
245 Posts
You can fit that many in a 40g?..not being mean i honestly do not know lol?

·
Registered
66 Posts
well, it is overstocking so I would have to be really ontop of water changes. I will be using a sump which will increas the volume. but yest it is pushing it, condtions would need to be ideal.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
look a 40gal breeder is a great tank... and for certian species its fantastic... but if your fish needs swimming room it kinda lacks that, its only 3ft....

also i dont know about haps so i couldnt answer that....

but at the very least buy that 40g too

·
Registered
574 Posts
I agree there is no way you will get a hap in there and 6-7 peacocks is pushing it.
I would also have to say tha with 2 male peacocks there is going to be a dominent and a sub. The sub is going to me tormented to death and have no color.
I would go with 1 male and 4 females.
You will need a filter for a much bigger tank to keep the water perfect. Anything less and your fish may parish from stress or aggression or both.
good luck and remember it is possible! :thumb:

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have 8 electric yellows, 2 maingano, 1 yellow tail acei, 1 lithobate and a bgk in a 160L tank (40g) and am running a 1500Lph canister on it and i dont have a single problem with aggression. but that said imo i wouldnt go straight haps or peacock breeding setup in a 40g, rather go for mbuna and when you get a 4ft tank or bigger, the haps and peacocks will jsut outgrow it.

hth

1 - 8 of 8 Posts