Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got my 40 gallon tank up and running, filter's all cycled (had it running on a 5 gal bucket for weeks now while cycling it).

Here's a little video, the water's still a bit cloudy but that'll settle soon.

The tank is 40 gallons, measuring 32" by 19" footprint and 16" tall. I've got a TetraTec EX700 canister filter and a Tunze Nanostream 6025 for filtration and circulation. The lamp is a 70W MH with a 10000K bulb, gotta love that shimmer in the water.
The rocks are the same ones I talked about here http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/view ... p?t=173658 I'm really happy with how they turned out in the water. They're hollow so the fish can use them for caves/territories/hiding spots.

Now comes the tough choice of inhabitants. I've been planning for a saulosi species tank, but my deal for fish fell through so now I have all options open.

I'm still leaning towards finding a bunch of juvenile saulosi to let them grow up in this tank, but if anyone has suggestions I'd love to hear them.

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
I would stick with the saulosi. They are beautiful fish and there aren't too many other Malawi cichlids - or any cichlids for that matter - that fit comfortably in a tank that size. Certainly none that could compete with the saulosi in bright coloration.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I would stick to saulosi to.
They don't kill each other like demasoni do, and arre very attractive and enjoyable :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.