Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`ve just bought a 40 g (150 l) corner tank and since I have malawis in my other tanks I wanna try Tangs in this one.

So I have read up on some tangs and from this I have come up with a list of what I might wanna have. The tank will arrive this sunday so I will have a few weeks to make a "perfeck" stock list.

Here is my list so far:

Neolamprologus brichardi
Julidochromis regani
Lamprologus meleagris

So what I wanna know is:

* Can I have these together
* How many should I have of each??

With love Linka

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
N. brichadri are very mean when they are breeding in a tank with other tank mates. I would suggest having only 1 in the tank.

J. regani and L. meleagris are not a good mix. A smaller Juliodochromis will work out better. dickfeldi, ornatus, transcriptus are three that will work with shell dwellers.

Your end stocking could look something like this:

1 Neolamprolgus brichardi
6 Julidochromis trascriptus
6 Lamprologus meleagris

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick answer.

I kinda like that setup. Thoug I wish for more brichardis.
Do u have an alternate stockinglist that does not include brichardi?? I don`t have to have this fish. Just like the look and beauty of it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That`s a really nice fish.
Can I change it with the brichardi so my list will be like this:

N. Leleupi
6 Julidochromis trascriptus
6 Lamprologus meleagris

And how many should I have of Leleupi??

Linka

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
So the dimensions are; 100 x 70 x 73 cm

In an aquarium of this size, it will be very difficult to keep more than two species. If it is Julidochromis and the L. melegaris you want, just stick with these two species.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok.
I haven`t gone with tangs before ( exept N.multifasciatus) and since this tank is gonna be in my sons room all I want is fish that is easy for me to learn about and at the same time exiting and have some color for my son. He loves my malawies, but I tought we could try tangs instead.

So I am open for suggestions for stocking.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
You could try a pair of transcriptus, a trio of stapps and you'll be able to house an Altolamprologus calvus or A. compressiceps "Sumbu" dwarf with them.

Alternatively, you can keep a couple leleupi, a single brichardi and some calvus or some of the tougher shellies (Lepidiolamprologus).

You may also opt for some shellies and mix them with some paracyps and a pair of gobies. As long as the rock work is piled reasonable high in the back this should work as well. If you want you can trade the paracyps for julies in this sort of set up as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.