Cichlid Fish Forum banner
561 - 575 of 575 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody know where I can get S-grade in Pennsylvania? I am in Central, PA, but I would be willing to do some driving. I am looking for tan, brown, black, or white.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Has anybody found an alternative? I called3M and it says right on the recording Colorquartz is discountinued. I have a call into Spectraquartz but no response yet.

·
Super Moderator
2,022 Posts
N.T. Ruddock is the distributor for Spectraquartz & Colorquartz for Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York and Michigan. You can always check a local pool building company or similar to see if anyone has it locally.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Spectraquartz = Colorquartz under new manufacturer. Same distributors, same stuff. Slightly more expensive if I remember right.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Update

Deeds is right N.T. Ruddock is the distributor for spectraquartz and they claim people are very happy using it in their tanks. They still have Colorquartz available. Something like 30 bags of black and some various other colors. I went ahead and picked up 200# of black colorquartz shipped. Shipping was twice what they charged me for the sand. Cost me about $100 shipped to my door for 200#

Ceramaquartz is another story I left several messages and finally spoke with a guy named Rick. He is the sales men for the Estes gravel and sand. He said he had never heard of anyone using the ceramaquartz in fish tanks. He said that he gave my info to the guy who handles the ceramaquartz and I left two messages for him as well with no return call. So unfortunately I don't have much to report other than poor responses.

Whosonfirst I have seen you post here and on other forums about Estes and ceramaquartz. What's the deal? Are you just a spammer or can you give us some info on how to actually purchase this stuff?

·
Registered
4 Posts
yes i do work for Estes, and im sorry for the lack of response. if you are looking for ceramaquartz again give me a call my office number is 336-622-6415.

·
Super Moderator
2,022 Posts
Low Budget, I'm glad you were able to acquire the Colorquartz even though it was pricey with the shipping charges.

I have also used the black S-grade (fine) and found it required a considerable amount of rinsing to be clean enough to put in the tank. Other people have had no issues, so maybe you'll get lucky.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I have previously used 3m colored quartz S grade for my Geo. It looks and works great.

I now am attempting to obtain a similar product (as 3m discontinued their line).

The supplier I previously used now supplies "colorscapes" a spherical ceramic coated colored quartz. The supplier noted it is the same as 3M version. I plan to use this in a new aquarium.

I wanted to see if anyone has used this specific brand? If it is the same as the 3M version? And any issues or success people have had using it.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Super Moderator
2,022 Posts
7umos said:
Any new info about places that this sand could be gotten from?
3M Colorquartz is no longer be produced at this time. There are a couple of similar products that have replaced it. One is Spectraquartz and the other is Estes Permacolor Quartz.

I don't know if either of these products are available in your country. Sorry.

561 - 575 of 575 Posts