Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on stocking a 36 BF? It's 30x15x21. I have one of the ledge backdrops and I'm hoping to find a species that may use a little more of the height. It would be nice to squeeze 2 species in there if possible.....

·
Super Moderator
40,523 Posts
What are the measurements on the sides (not in the middle).

I'd stock it like a 29G.

Maybe a non-cichlid like harlequin rasboras for the upper level. Choose something friendly like multifasciatus for the bottom so they are kind to the species on top.

·
Super Moderator
40,523 Posts
The multifasciatus form a colony...not pairs. Two species on the bottom and one overhead? IMO no.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wouldn't think twice about one Julie trans, a single Punc I'd probably toss a single eretmodus too he will use much of the vertical space. Just have plenty of stones for everyone. I get basically zero nonconspecific aggression from Julie's or eretmodus. Only the short dash when someone gets all up in their (spot). I have 20 longs with grown Julie's, gobies and Puncs. Julie's and juvenile variablechromus. Eretmodus with juvenile buescheri.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.