Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Wife gave me the go-ahead on saving for my dream tank!!! Its going to be 96x36x24 (inches) and I plan on using a sump that is around 100 gallons. I will update this post as I go. Lots of pictures and questions for all you experienced people. It's gonna be a while before I save enough for the tank itself so I guess it planning time.

My question for you is: If you were given the a clean slate 350 gallon like I described, How would you set it up? Filtration, lighting, heating, plumbing, stand?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to buy the tank from Fish Freaks here in Omaha already drilled and with all the plumbing for the dual overflows. I am going to build the tank into my basement between two walls that are exactly 8ft apart and add a canopy to the ceiling so the tank appears to be built into the wall. The tank will have access from above and i think I will put it about 2 ft from the wall behind it so if I need to get back there I can, I'd have to go underneath of it to get back there. So everything will be hand built but the main tank and the tank for the sump. The sump dividers will probably be made by me too, pre-built sumps are too expensive.

·
Registered
213 Posts
By exactly 8 feet wide, does that mean that the tank edging may make the tank too wide to fit. Then there's the stand which usually has an edge around the base of the tank.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By exactly 8ft I mean, I haven't measured it exactly yet. Haha. It is close to 8 or right at it. I may end up doing a 7ft tank so I have room around the edges for trim. If thats the case I would go 84x36x30, which is almost 400 gallons.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Congrats! Mike is a great guy and will do right by you. He can and will help with just about anything fish related.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts