Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I now own two 35 gallon tanks that were both picked up from two difference yard sales during a morning ride to the grocery store. One was $10 and came with an AquaClear 50 filter, heater, air blower, and a net. The other was $30 and came with an old canopy lid. I haven't been lucky enough to find anything larger than a 75g but I'm going to keep my eye open. Would you say this was a good deal?

I cleaned both tanks and filled them up with water to test for leaks and noticed that one tank had a tint of blue while the other tank was clear. Does anyone know the purpose of the blue tint? Is it merely for aesthetics?

I currently have a 75 gallon tank as my main peacock/hap tank. I have a 6 gallon tank with neon tetras. I have a 10 gallon tank in use for growing out fry.

I'm thinking of setting up one of the 35 gallon tanks as a hospital/q tank. Would this be too big as a rest tank?

·
Registered
656 Posts
At less than $1 per gallon,with accessories, it's not a bad deal. I'm not sure about the blue tint. It could just be the type of glass used to make the tank, or someone may have been using it as a hospital tank, There are some medications that stain everything blue, but if this was the cause, the silicone would be stained also. Either way, just give them a good cleaning and enjoy!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts