Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. First of all let me say I'm new to the forum and relatively new to fish keeping. I had plenty of fish at home as a kid but being a kid didn't have the job of looking after them. Now 23, I am setting up my own tank and decided after a few months of research to go with Cichlids.

So my tank is a Roma 125L (33 US gallons) with a footprint of 80 x 35 x 45 cm.
I realise this is small for a cichlid tank but recently found pseudo saulosi, a fish that look beautiful, interesting and more importantly workable in the size a tank.

My questions are basically just asking for any advice as I go down this path (currently halfway through a fishless cycle). How many fish should i have in the tank? and what ratios? I have purchased some ocean rock today to create caves and increase PH to nearer 8.

Thanks in advance for all contributions :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GTZ said:
I wouldn't stock more than 5, 1 male:4 females. Actually, I'd get a bigger tank, lol.
You might also want to consider smaller tanganyikans.
Check the 20g long cookie cutter.
To be honest I was thinking around that mark. Having been told by a lfs to go with 2 males and 6 females I had already decided to only have the one male so losing 2 females is understandable.

I do plan on getting a 4ft+ tank in the future but this will have to do for atleast the next 4 months. I will check out the tangs although the other half is put of them as she feels they aren't pretty enough...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
skwerl said:
They aren't pretty enough!?!?!! :eek: Please refer her to this thread: http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/view ... p?t=227943 It is fun to read the playful banter about which lake contains the better fish. (cough TANG cough) :wink:

I have a 30gal breeder that I am going to setup with Tangs.

Good luck picking your fish. So many choices... so little time.
Hey I had a good look through there and sadly I dont think Tangs are for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts