Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 30g tank with no more fish and I am thinking of getting a single demasoni (I know 30g is too small for a group of them). Would it be ok?
Could I also add a small number of yellow lab?

I would prefer to keep the number of fish low (even for a 30g)

Also, if I add a few live plants, would they get eaten?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have about 15 Demasoni juvies in a 29 right now. They are getting too big for the tank though. their new 75 gallon home will soon be done.

Based on what I've seen, you could go with just one, but it would be a little on the boring side. You could probably swing a trio of Labs as well. Make sure to keep your filtration heavy though to have all four of them, especially if you throw in a pleco.

·
Super Moderator
40,680 Posts
What are the dimensions of the tank? There are a lot of cichlid-keepers that think 36" long is the minimum for mbuna.

·
Super Moderator
40,680 Posts
I try to be careful about what is opinion and fact given my smart-a$$ signature line, LOL.

I actually had Demasoni and Labs in a 36" tank and I did not like it at all. I switched to a 72" tank. So I guess you can figure out what I think.

Future plans for the 36" tank are to try a small, timid peacock trio maybe and ultimately probably a marine tank with zoanthids! Maybe even a shellie tank with a school of rasboras!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.