Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:-? Hi folks! I am new on this Forum. I have had Cichlids for a few decades and then took a break. Now that i am almost retired I want to start a 300 glass aquarium.
I am a Cabinet maker/artist so the stand and outside will be covered. I have watch 5000 Youtube setups as far as heaters, filters, lights etc!!! Help!! I have the space for a Sump or canister..I don't want to have my hands on the tank every minute to maintain it, I have some money but i am not rich either, I want to spend my time and money the best I can...whats a great set up and not dream set up? (saw this one guy had 10k into a 400 gallon ) So many choices but i don't want to waste time on things that are a fad !! Thank so much Tom...

·
Super Moderator
40,492 Posts
You will have to change water weekly and scrape the glass weekly regardless.

I like canisters, other like sumps...you probably saw a lot of that on youtube. People don't agree on the ideal.

One think to look into is an automatic water change system, which works better if you are on a private well (no chlorine or chloramines). For that I would look at www.fmueller.com who is also a Moderator here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts