Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
It's a difficult sized aquarium, in that it really is too small for most African cichlids.

Some tanks that often work well, include Ps saulosi 12 fish. Or Ps. demasoni 15 fish, plus 3 Yellow Labs.

Does either of those float your boat?

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Larsvik said:
Thanks Fogelhund,

I really like the character and curiosity of PS Demasoni, but I also love the carnivorous nature of Yellow labs. My local petco sells feeder fish as fry, so maybe I could feed it those now and then, as a treat? I would love to see them hunting.
PS Saulosi doesn't really do it for me.

The Cichlid Forum profile on Demasoni says I should have at least 12 individuals, but would that fit properly in 30 gallons? Also, in your reply, did you mean that I could fit 15 Demasoni and three labs? Because that sounds amazing, but way too crowded.

Thanks so much for your response
~Larsvik
Labidochromis are carnivorous... on insect larvae and small copepods and shrimps... they are not piscovorous... as in eating other fish. As mentioned above, feeding them feeders would be unhealthy... even if they would eat them, which I doubt.

With enough rocks, those numbers could work, with some over filtration, and regular 25-35% water changes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts