Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the situation, I have a 30 gallon tall, its cycling I believe because I tore it down and set it back up. Well it was clear and then one day I did a water change and it never got back to clear, there seems to be THousands of tiny bubbles floating around and white stuff keeps growing on the glass 2 days after I clean it. What is the white stuff, its on the plants too it almost looks alive but I dont think it is. And why so many bubbles. Here is some picture, whats growing on the glass seems to be what is on the plants too. Help me!!

Some pics are bad, 2 are clear. Look at background on some to see it on glass.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please help anyone

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone have any info or could help me, idc if U dont know what it is for sure but if u have an idea or suggestions anything, Pic 2 and 5 are the best for what im talking about. Please help, tank is still all bubbly and cloudy today.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I once had something that looked exactly like that as far as I can tell. The problem is I can't remember which tank it was in as this happened to me over a year ago, though I believe it was a fairly new setup at the time. I definately didn't do anything other than regularly water changes and the tiny white things didn't last long at all. They may have been eaten by my rainbow shark if they were in the same tank as it was. Once diatom algae started growing in the same areas as the mystery white spot they dissapeared. When I had these I didn't have cloudy water however.

Id let the tank finish the cycle and then brush the stuff off the glass and do a water change to remove part of whatever it is that they are feeding off of.

As for the bubbles, those can be a problem if your water level is low and you have a HOB filter that is creating them

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Water is not low, idk why its doing that with all the tiny bubbles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts