have any tips, or discussions that i should refer to. go ahead
and tell about your fish or your tank. ill be happy to talk about
your tank . and mabey give you some advice. :fish:

i was wondering if there is a way to breed feeder goldfish, if you
have a way and can tell me thatd be great

·
Registered
308 Posts
not sure if u know but just like to mention that every fish except the pleco will get too big for that tank fast especially the oscar. u need to get a 100+ gallon tank for that mix to work im sure u probably dont wanna hear this.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Yeah, the oscar needs a 55 bare minimum (bare tank), the JD needs a 55 bare minimum (alone), the BP needs 45+. Together, these fish need to be in a 125... Take them back and get a pair of smaller cichlids (firemouths, kribs, rams)

·
Registered
43 Posts
albin00scar21 said:
newly set up 30 gallon tank. i have a albino oscar tiger oscar,
blood parrot cichlid, jack dempsey, and rubber lip pleco
( stays smallish...i hope :lol: ) ill keep you updated. if you
have any tips, or discussions that i should refer to. go ahead
and tell about your fish or your tank. ill be happy to talk about
your tank . and mabey give you some advice. :fish:

i was wondering if there is a way to breed feeder goldfish, if you
have a way and can tell me thatd be great
:roll: got to be a wind-up :roll:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
albin00scar21 said:
i have to dis agree with you. my friend has a 29 gallon tank w/ 2 oscars and a dempsey they had it 2-3 years they fine. so i dont know.
And I bet the fish in the 29 are probably stunted, or unhappy.

Just my two cents, would you want to live in a hall closet your whole life? You could, but would it be nice?

·
Registered
308 Posts
yes they will be very unhappy shortened lifespan even an a 125 its pushing it because oscar get huge if happy they get 16in possibly bigger and if ur overcrowding a tank it can have a shortened lifespan just would reccomend what ur doing at all ull have very unhappy fish and some deaths

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
by worked out i meant try not to overcrowed btw...

wat would you recommend for a 29 gal. 24''L x 12''W i think around 16''H i have a 10 gallon to raise feeder guppies in. would a dempsey and a parrot be good?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I wouldn't put a parrot with a convict in a tank that small...

Just do the parrot and a bristlenose or rubberlip pleco

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
crickets if you are going to feed live food, but the crickets cannot be the staple to their diet.

Do pellet food as the mainstay of their diet, and feed a cricket or 2 once a week as a "treat"...

Don't feed feeder fish, as they are nutritionally useless for the oscar

·
Registered
697 Posts
albin00scar21 said:
by worked out i meant try not to overcrowed btw...

wat would you recommend for a 29 gal. 24''L x 12''W i think around 16''H i have a 10 gallon to raise feeder guppies in. would a dempsey and a parrot be good?
A 30 gallon with 2 oscars and a JD is over-crowded no matter who you are. There are two new world cichlids that could be considered parrots and I believe 1 African. I wouldn't consider any of them appropriate for a 30 gallon tank. You need to find a species you like that reaches no more than 6 inches as adults. Convict are a great choice for beginners.

Oscar aren't really piscivorous. They do occasionally eat fish when the opportunity presents itself, but they are too slow and clumsy to be good hunters. They are more likely to feed on crustaceans and insects.

If you do get an oscar in a 55/75 gallon or larger. You conficts will produce plenty of fry to feed your oscar on occasion.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Yup, providing water conditions are good and the tank is big enough

Here's my oscar from when I got him around september at .5"

Here he is now pushing 3.5"

Mine is growing around .75" a month, close enough :thumb:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.