Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am pretty sure that my acei i got that was sick is better now. I want to leave him out of the main tank for a little bit yet, but also at the same time I would like to get these fry out of the breeder net in the main tank.

So how many of you think it would safe to place these fry in with the acei without dividing it? I do have a divider if you think it would be needed but doesnt really let the water through it like I would like.

Plan on moving them tonight so any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dielikemoviestars said:
I wouldn't. Why not just put the acei in the main tank now?
I have only been done with the Clout treatment for 3 days now. He is still kinda hiding when I come up to the tank but is eating some, but waits for it to get close to him before he goes after it. So with that being said do think it is early enough to put him in the main tank already?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I figure that if I leave him there for another few days he seems to be doing ok that should be long enough to consider him back in shape and healthy enough to be going to the tank with the big boys.

·
Super Moderator
40,517 Posts
I'd probably mix them in the 10G and add them all to the show tank when ready. Unless you have some other fish to add to the previously-sick acei when you add him to the show tank for the first time.

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
I think the fry and acei should be okay together. The larger the fry the better as far as worrying that they will get eaten but also in my experience it seems fry in a group do better than a single fry when it comes to being introduced to larger fish--they seem to project a certain confidence that allows them to blend in.

It might even be good for your acei. Seeing other fish swimming around sends the message: it's safe to swim around, whereas if there are no other fish swimming around it can sometimes send the opposite message.

Robin

·
Registered
363 Posts
If you add the fry in with the acei, make sure you do a good water change and run carbon in the tank to make sure all the Clout has been removed. If you have an extra sponge filter, add it to the tank to make sure your bio-filtration is in check. Clout has been known to nuke bacteria and fry are less resilient than larger fish to poor water quality.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mokujin22 said:
If you add the fry in with the acei, make sure you do a good water change and run carbon in the tank to make sure all the Clout has been removed. If you have an extra sponge filter, add it to the tank to make sure your bio-filtration is in check. Clout has been known to nuke bacteria and fry are less resilient than larger fish to poor water quality.
Great minds think alike. I put in a DIY sponge I had running in my main tank for about a week and put a new filter pad with carbon in it in to remove any remaining meds, did a 50% WC 2 days in a row and finally added the little guys back in there this morning. They seem to be doing fine and like Robin said it looks like the Acei feels a lil more comfy with some company in there now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts