Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently setup a 29g tank. Dimensions are 30l, 18h and 12w. I currently have 6 platties in it. I plan on putting a pair of rams in it in the future once the water levels are more secure and i add more plant and rock. Im looking for a opinion on a couple of good bottom dwellers. I like cory cats, but read that they like schools of 6 or more so thought that might be overduing it for my capacity. Any one have anything they can recommend?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Are you thinking Mikrogeophagus ramirezi or Mikrogeophagus altispinosus? Most corydoras won't due well with ramirezi, due to high temps. If you do Bolivians, look at dwarf cordoras like, pygmaeus or hastatus.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i only know the fish by common names..my lfs has ones listed as bolivian rams, blue rams and ruby rams..so a pair of one of those is what i will be adding in a month or two

·
Registered
843 Posts
I have cories with my Blue rams, and doing fine (6mos). They have trouble once the rams get interested in breeding <- which is difficult IME (to get them to breed). If you have multiple males, I wouldn't suggest them as the aggression level will be higher (I have two females, one male 20 long).

You could do some bristlenose plecos...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts